The Atomic Game Engine is powerful 2D/3D technology developed by industry veterans and contributors from around the world.
Atomic is lean, full source, technology for mobile and desktop. It has a powerful core API with access to raw, down to the metal, native performance. Atomic technology leverages industry standard languages and tooling for use in games, education/training, serious applications, and new growth areas such as AR/VR.
- C# IDE integration with Visual Studio, Xamarin Studio, and MonoDevelop
- Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and WebGL platform deployment
- High performance native C++ core with single command builds and absolute minimum dependencies
- Node based scene graph with access to low level graphics API for custom rendering on D3D 9/11, OpenGL 2/3/ES2, and WebGL
- Drag and drop standard 2D/3D format import, including Autodesk FBX, Collada, Blender, Spriter, Tiled, and more
- Innovative preview mode runs in subprocess for editor stability, reduced memory fragmentation, and is the foundation for future previewing on device
- Chromium WebView for E-Commerce payments, accessing Facebook social graph, video streaming, and many more use cases
- Automated script binding generation of native C++ subsystems
- Best in class third party integrations including Box2D/Bullet physics, Recast/Detour pathfinding, TurboBadger UI, CEF3, duktape VM, SDL2
- Available as precompiled binaries or fork on GitHub under the permissive MIT license
- Backed by professionals with decades of experience in the technology and game industries
Download the Atomic Editor
Atomic Editor binary releases are managed by THUNDERBEAST GAMES LLC and scheduled as rolling build milestones.
|Download (64 bit)|
|January 23rd, 2017 - Changelog by the Atomic Camel Caravan 🐪|
How to Help
Let others know about the Atomic Game Engine!
Leverage Atomic technology in your product and/or help sponsor development, email us at: contact@AtomicGameEngine.com
Help maintain current and write new Atomic Wiki documentation articles
Fork AtomicGameEngine/AtomicExamples and submit a pull request with current example improvements or a new example
Help with issues marked
unassigned: help wantedin the current build milestone
Inform us of other ways to help that should be added here :)
Atomic Sponsors & Development Fund
Thanks to the following sponsors for their financial support:
Brandon Lamb, Type1J, mattmanj17, shaddockh, ryalman, Keith Johnston, TopMdw, and drsounds. A full list of Atomic Game Engine backers is available in Backers.md
THUNDERBEAST GAMES began developing the Atomic Game Engine on November 12th, 2014 by forking Urho3D. It was released under the permissive MIT license during GDC 2016. Atomic is now being used in production environments, has 27 contributors, and runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and WebGL!
Contact THUNDERBEAST GAMES LLC
Interested in using Atomic technology in your product and/or helping sponsor development? Contact us: contact@AtomicGameEngine.com